Improving Your Singing with Beautiful ToneNow building on the basics of our previous tone singing tips, we will tell you exactly how you can take your singing voice to the next level using these great tone singing tips! Now you know what tone is and how much it can affect your voice, it is time to work on creating a beautiful tone for singing. Your tone in singing can improve no end with the right techniques to read on to find out what they are.
Aspire to Bel Canto!Previously, we defined tone, offered a few tips to help you to get to grips with it and discussed how you can avoid errors. All of this is basic information will get you started but tone is more complex than you might initially think, especially if you are to really create a beautiful tone.
This is where Bel Canto comes in. It is an operatic term and perceived to be a rather ambiguous one at that but it dictates that you should have a lighter tone for higher registers, a focused timbre, a seamless range and complete breath control. It will take quite some time to achieve these points as well as an awful lot of practice.
Blend the registers effectivelyOne of the most important things to note in regards to achieving beautiful tone relates to the registers. Now a register is a series of tones that have the same quality and originate from the larynx. Improving your tone for singing without any knowledge or awareness of the registers is hard because you are constantly left wondering what you should be doing. However, if you blend the registers and adopt a certain tone for higher notes, you will find that you achieve beautiful tone relatively easily.
So what can you do to blend the registers and achieve a better tone? Well, each of the exercises below will help:
• Run scales. If you have a piano or other tuned instrument, you should use each note as a guide and start to run scales, moving from note to note seamlessly. Of course, you will probably focus on the pitch to start with but when you relax and focus on the sound and its quality, you will begin to notice that your tone improves as you practice.
• Focus on three individual notes anywhere on an individual scale and practice blending them together, moving from one to the next seamlessly. Close your eyes and feel them coming from your vocal chords. As they emerge, you will feel their quality and note errors so you will be able to improve your singing tone by putting them right.
• Repair all register breaks. Usually singing vowels will cause such a break. If this happens with you then you should slow down the exercise until you get it right before slowly but surely speeding it up again. This will improve your tone. Essential tips for achieving beautiful tone
There are other things you can do to achieve beautiful tone that have nothing to do with register.
• The first point is to look after your voice properly – drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, avoid dairy because it produces mucous that will block the throat, quit smoking if you have adopted that habit and exercise your vocal chords avoiding strain.
• You should also record yourself and track your progress. Your ear will not identify improvements in real time nearly as well as it will upon reflection. This will also give you confidence that you can achieve beautiful tone.
So there you have it – beautiful tone is not a myth but is actually a very achievable target. Improving your singing tone may take a while but it is worth every single ounce of effort you put in because you will notice the difference as soon as you begin to try out the tips outlined here. However, tone is not the only element of your voice you will need to work on to improve your singing.
We have teamed up with one of our singing partners to bring you this great FREE offer to really help you kick start your singing voice. You are going to quickly discover everything you never knew about singing... and how to exercise and get the best out of your vocal chords so you can sing with full vocal range and develop lasting good habits that take your voice from ordinary to extraordinary! Singorama can help you. Not only is it educational, it's really fun!
Click on the image below to discover how.....