Breathing Exercises for Singing
The difference a good breathing technique makes
All about posture and breathing
- Inhale quickly, sucking the air into your lungs and visualising it being really heavy as it enters your body.
- Focus on it as it falls through your body, hitting your belly button.
- Feel your lower back and stomach expand and you may even want to use your arms to welcome the air into your body.
The best breathing tips
- Take a deep breath in and close your eyes. As you inhale, feel your entire body expand from your torso to your lower back. Feel the breath touch every element of your upper body and then release it slowly, singing a note of your choice as you do. You will be able to feel the control and maintain it after a few tries.
- Stand still and take a quick but deep breath in. Place your finger in front of your mouth and exhale. Listen to the amount of noise made. The more noise the less control and more tension there is in your vocal chords. Try again until you can get it almost silent.
- Pay attention to your breathing for an hour and see what you can do. The more aware of your breathing you are the easier it will become to control it.
P.S. If you liked these singing tips why not share this with your friends or family who may also find it useful if they are trying to improve their singing techniques. Use the buttons at the top and bottom of the post to share.
Click on the image below to discover how.....